Bottom line up front: it is time for you to submit your 2014 AGPC Convention Registration form and fees and make your hotel reservations for the AGPC’s 30th annual convention! We’re looking forward to seeing you in Rochester!
Location: Rochester, NY
Dates: May 9-11, 2014 with pre-convention activities on May 8 (Thursday)
Co-hosts: Clark King (+1-585-944-5160) and John Foote (+1-585-254-6366)
Registration Fee: $185 per person before February 28, and $200 per person after March 1
Registration fee includes Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and dinner, Sunday breakfast, a guided tour of the Strong Museum of Play, and access to the hospitality game room for game playing and puzzling solving on Friday and Saturday nights
Hotel Reservations: The Doubletree by Hilton Rochester at (800) 222-TREE or (585) 475-1510. Refer to the Association of Game and Puzzle Collectors Group Code: AGPC. Our room rate is $115 per night. Make sure you ask for the Doubletree on 1111 Jefferson Road in Rochester since there are two Doubletrees in Rochester.
Pre-Convention Activities: (fees must be paid with convention registration):
- Guided tour of the renowned George Eastman House and Museum of Photography (Thursday at 2:30 pm; fee is $10 per person)
- “We the Jury” interactive theater with buffet dinner at the historic Genesee Brew House on the banks of the Genesee River (Thursday at 6 pm; fee is $45 per person)
- Visit to the world-famous Lilac Festival at Highland Park (Friday morning; no fee)
Payment for Registration and Pre-convention Activities: Make checks payable to Clark King and mail with your completed 2014 AGPC Convention Registration form to Mr. Clark King, AGPC Convention, 43 Red Maple Drive, Fairport, NY 14450 USA.
Attendees should let us know how many will be attending, which pre-convention events they will be attending, and send a single check in U.S. funds for the convention registration covering both pre-convention and convention fees.
If an attendee would like a display/sales table, they should indicate that on their registration form.
Convention questions should be directed to the hosts.
- Chris Bensch – Vice President for Collections at the Strong Museum, speaking on the Toy Hall of Fame
- Mike Gray – Recently retired from Hasbro, speaking on an insider’s view of game marketing
- Rick Sherin – Conservator at the Strong Museum of Play, speaking on puzzle/game preservation
- Jeffrey Aurand – Speaking on wooden puzzle boxes and the Apothecary Chest
Reminder: Please print and fill out the 2014 AGPC Convention Registration and send it along with your check for registration fees for the convention and optional pre-convention events to: Mr. Clark King, AGPC Convention, 43 Red Maple Drive, Fairport NY 14450 USA.